Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Poem 11 - Desert Night


Desert Night


The desert sunset, darkly red
Clouds of shadowy moonlight
Hitting the starlight far above,
The symphony of desert night.

Crickets click, owls call.
Campfire burning yellow bright
As I watch the moon move on
In the symphony of desert night.

As I sit with the low fire
I begin to drift into dreams of flight
I see myself fly above
Through the symphony of desert night.

Hear me as I sing my song
Vocals of wailing might
I become the coyote running
I am the symphony of desert night.

I run, pure freedom.
A rabbit comes into sight
A howl of deep frustration.
Added to the symphony of desert night.

Slowly an owl takes form
I soar among the starry night
Wings sliding through the cool air
In the symphony of desert night.

I fling myself awake
The fire gives forth no light.
I lay down under soft down,
Drifting into the symphony of desert night.

+++++

Not sure I've every actually been camping in the desert.  You can tell from the cliches.  

Thanks to Horhew for the tree brushes 

No comments:

Post a Comment